It’s super easy and fast to make, it’s so delicious that you will make noises when you eat it, and it never gets old. I’ve engulfed it at least 200 times and I still crave it. What is it? It’s kale salad! Did you know kale is one of the world’s healthiest foods? Now you know! Let’s not waste any more time. Serves dos.
1. Kale (duh)
2. Raw Goji berries
3. Raw almond butter or tahini
4. Pine nuts
7. Nutritional yeast
9. Raw pitted dates
10. Flax seeds
1. In a big bowl, mix a bunch of chopped up kale – green, purple, or whichever kind you prefer. I like to chop my salads very finely so the leaves and other ingredients don’t smack me in the face when I eat them. Chop, chop, chop! You can also pull it apart with your hands. Small pieces. I eat my salads with a spoon! Release those nutrients.
2. Add the juice from one freshly squeezed lemon. Avoid squeezing it into your eyes.
3. Add 2-3 heaping tablespoons of raw tahini (that’s sesame seeds that look like peanut butter). You can sub almond butter if you prefer.
4. Add one avocado. Smash it up real good because it becomes part of the dressing.
5. Chop up 4 raw dates and throw them in the bowl! Yum!
6. Sprinkle some nutritional yeast in there!
7. Chop up one small clove of garlic very finely and toss it in. I’m getting hungry for another kale salad!
8. Add 1/4 cup of goji berries, another super food! Wow, I love goji berries. Note that some of the ingredients for this salad will not be found at the Dollar Store so if you’re looking for a cheap salad, this isn’t your best bet. When I first bought goji berries, I asked the cashier if they were plated in 14k gold.
9. Throw in 1/4 cup of raw pine nuts!
10. Finish this masterpiece with 2 tablespoons of flax seeds.
Mix this protein, fiber, vitamin packed mish mosh with a spoon until it looks like the photo above. Have yourself a party because you will be singing and dancing when you eat this bowl of deliciousness. It’s plant-based and nobody gets hurt to boot.
Andrew Kirschner, Ed.D., is a grassroots vegan animal rights activist. He writes a zero-profit blog, Kirschner’s Korner, to help raise awareness about issues affecting the global community to make the world a more humane place. To receive new articles via email, enter your email in the “Follow Blog Via Email” link at the top right of the blog.